Whether you’re renovating your current warehouse or designing a new facility, it’s important that you choose the right warehouse equipment in Dallas to achieve all operational requirements. The correct equipment can improve operations and make things move more efficiently. It can also improve the functionality of the space.
Warehouse buildings differ in so many aspects—from their sizes to what they store—so the types of equipment they need may vary, too. That said, certain kinds of equipment are essential for efficient warehouse operation no matter the function and space. Here’s a list:
1. Hand Trucks – This is among the most basic requirements; in fact, a facility can’t technically be a warehouse if it doesn’t have hand trucks. They make daily tasks like transporting items much easier.
2. Storage Systems - A warehouse needs to be organized. Without a proper storage system, the space can quickly turn into a dangerous mess. It’s important to invest in the right shelving and storage systems including high-quality pallet racks, industrial shelving, cantilever racks for longer items, flow racks for hand-stacked inventory, and other specialty racks for lumber, reels, bars, and other specialty items that your warehouse may deal with.
3. Pallet Jacks – To minimize risks when moving bulk items, your warehouse also needs to consider pallet jacks. This warehouse equipment is available in many options such as electric, narrow, high-lift, etc.
4. Scales – Scales are some of the most basic warehousing equipment and they should generally be of the highest quality. They must also be calibrated and repaired as necessary to ensure that they can provide reliable and accurate readings.
5. Bins and Containers – Store important items in an organized and safe manner within the warehouse by using the right containers and bins. There are multiple options from well-respected brands that produce durable and long-lasting collapsible bulk boxes, stackable totes, nestable containers, or wire mesh baskets.
Depending on the size and function of your warehouse, you may also need extra lifting equipment such as forklifts and service carts. Facilities that receive shipping products and materials will find dock equipment beneficial to make it easier to transfer goods to and from dock doors. Specialty equipment like conveyors may also be useful.
When selecting warehouse equipment in Dallas, the key is to cover all bases. Every piece is important in serving a specific purpose that keeps the warehouse productive and efficient.
Order your warehouse equipment in Dallas from a reputable supplier—one that has been known for providing world-class storage and warehousing equipment for many years. You can’t go wrong with a market leader that has helped a wide range of businesses choose warehouse equipment.
About the Author
Secdfw.com or STORAGE EQUIPMENT COMPANY, INC. is a major distributor of leading storage products and material handling equipment in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. They have a large inventory of shelving, pallet rack, storage cabinets, lockers, work benches etc. For deliveries in the DFW area, they use their own company trucks and drivers.